BECOMING A SPEECH THERAPIST
There are two options in Hong Kong. You can either complete a four-year undergraduate programme through The University of Hong Kong, or a two-year Masters programme through The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Education University of Hong Kong, or The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- The University of Hong Kong offers an undergraduate programme in Speech and Hearing Sciences. (link)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University offers a master programme of Speech Therapy. (link)
- The Education University of Hong Kong offers a master programme of Science in Educational Speech-Language Pathology and Learning Disabilities. (link)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong offers a master programme of Speech-Language Pathology. (link)
The admission requirements vary according to each university.
Please refer to the website of Hong Kong Institute of Speech Therapists for the updated list of accredited programmes in Hong Kong (link).
Apart from local programmes, there are overseas courses ranging from 4-year undergraduate degrees to 2-year master degrees. Clinicians having certification of at least one of the following associations are qualified to be our full members.
- The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP)
- The Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists United Kingdom (RCSLT)
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Speech Pathology Australia (SPA)
- New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists’ Association (NZSTA)
- Speech-language and Audiology Canada (SAC)