Viewing event › HKU Workshop on Child Speech and Language Intervention
- Dates: 2020-08-22
- Time Start/End: 10:00/16:15
- Contact Person: Ms Alice Lo • email@example.com • 3917-8364
- Event Capacity: N/A
- Member: $300.00 HKD
- Student member: $300.00 HKD
- Non-member: $300.00 HKD
- Online application via HKAST is not available.
As a community of speech-language therapists, what do we know about speech and language intervention for preschool children?
In this workshop, we will facilitate discussion among participants on treatment goals and procedures for three real cases. We will also share our decision-making process on the management of these cases, report on the treatment outcomes, and reflect on the progress, or lack of progress, of the cases.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
1. consider the various components in Fey’s model of child speech and language intervention (McCauley, Fey & Gillam, 2017) when making management decisions on their cases,
2. use the treatment procedures demonstrated in the videos (minimal pair approach, cross-situational statistical learning approach of word learning, enhanced milieu teaching or conversational recast) on children who might benefit from them,
3. identify barriers and facilitators in their clinical use of the treatment procedures demonstrated in the videos,
4. identify challenges in goal selection in real-life clinical practice, and suggest possible solutions.
Date: August 22, 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 am to 12:15, 2:00 pm to 4:15 pm
Medium: online video ZOOM (free ware)
Audience: practicing speech-language therapists (registration is required)
Capacity: 300 (2nd round of registration begins on July 6, 2020)
Organizer: The Child Language and Speech Laboratory, Faculty of Education, the University
For more details, click here.
To register, click here.