MCA is a clinical assessment battery for evaluating discourse performance in speakers with acquired language disorders, such as aphasia. The tool uses a sequential picture description task to elicit language samples, which are then utilized as the basis of discourse analysis. The MCA has been standardized in native English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, and Dutch. Language sample collection and index calculation can be completed in 20 minutes for most examinees.
This certification workshop will cover:
1. Theory of oral discourse analysis
2. MCA development and standardization
3. MCA test features and application
4. Implications for therapeutic management
5. Extension of MCA analytic approach toother genres in Cantonese Aphasia Bank
For more information – PolyU-STU MCA workshop